Sunday, November 18, 2012

here is my story.

This week at fellowship, we had what we called an "Outreach Equip Night". In layman's terms, we prepared ourselves to share our faith stories and to share the good news of Jesus Christ. If you'd let me, I'd like to share my story with you now.

Have you ever wondered why I live a life for God? How did I go from not caring about God to always wanting to share my newfound hope? Well, here's the start. Here's my elevator pitch, I mean, my faith story:
As a kid, though I said I believed in God, I never really knew who God was. I thought that God was simply someone who was very nice to us, and took care of us from where he is in Heaven. I never felt any personal connection with God, so I ignored him.
Coming to university, I struggled with the many new situations it brings and I felt really lost and alone. I tried hard to fit in but was never satisfied because I was never enough. After attending fellowship for half a year, the words in the worship songs began to have meaning to me. It really hit me just how much God loves me. He loves me enough to sacrifice his son Jesus Christ who suffered a painful and humiliating death on the cross. To think that God loved me enough to do that made me want to know more about who God was.
In my efforts to impress others and to fit in, I realized just how sinful and imperfect I am. I may not be perfect yet He loves me, so I try to live for Him. I can now find my hope and confidence in God, who loves me.

We each have our own story to tell, whats yours?

PS. In case you missed it, my testimony from my baptism weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment